• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Cardinal Red (Avery)?

SALVATORE

Ok I have a Mimaki JV33 and trying to print to mach Avery"s Cardinal Red, but I keeping getting the color to off!, my question is do I need to get the color profile to get the color close to the Avery ?? dose anybody use the Pantone color to go by? If it is so would you share the pantone"s # that you would use.

Thanks in advanced!

SALVATORE

I do have pantone color chart but the colors are no close when i print them., I used 185c 187c 186c 484 c 23-5-2c still dose not close, some color after laminated tens to shift.
Thanks for your help thought.

Niun

Waffle Baron
I'm not sure there is a color profile to "get" for printing Pantone colors. You're going to have to go in and manually change your profile or make a new one entirely. Color matching is a science or a guessing game, you get to chose.

shoresigns

I do have pantone color chart but the colors are no close when i print them., I used 185c 187c 186c 484 c 23-5-2c still dose not close, some color after laminated tens to shift.
Thanks for your help thought.
Ah, you're just sending Pantone spot colours to the printer? That will only give you accurate results if you have made your own media profiles.

It sounds like you're using the canned profiles from your machine, in which case your best bet is to print a full colour chart so you can match colours visually.

Ready

Ready To Go
Pantone 187 C - I'd create a test print with several small boxes lined up horizontally and labeled with the color value and run test prints. The following are the settings you might try in software using your graphics program. I searched for Pantone 187 C and these settings came up... I've done this before using Flexi and it helps get you real close.

Keep in mind (IMO) it will be very hard for most people to tell the difference unless side by side or really way off on the color.

CMYK: 0; 85; 74; 33

sRGB: 171; 26; 45

Suerte.... Bob P

burgmurk

A JV33 will never hit that colour. maybe you've already got as close as you're going to?

Here's what I do for matching. I'll make this grid in illustrator using the blend tool.
In the attached, the top left square is 80m 80y, 'blend' to the top right: 100m 80y, then i copy that line to the bottom, crank the Y up to 100, and blend again.
Then i print it!.
It takes all of 2 minutes, and usually the colour i need is in there, occasionally i might need to play with the curves on the rip and print a second one.

IsItFasst

As others have said, if you don't have an accurate profile you won't get the results you want. So your best option is to print a huge chart of all your colors (or at least of your reds). I have a giant Roland color chart that I printed using my profile on my printer. It tells the color chart numbers under each square. When I need to color match I hold up the sample to each color until it matches. Then go in and change the color to that color number.

SALVATORE

Thanks guys for all your input, I did a test with 20 small boxes with different Pantone color but did not get close to the color, I will try try burgmurk way's and see how it ggoes!
Again Thanks for you Help. Wishing you a Merry Christmas to all of you guys!