• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cardstock for Easel Back Displays

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi all,

Can some of you give me some feedback please....Im about to purchase some card stock for 8.5" wide X 11" tall double wing easel back displays. I have two options for the card stock.... .050 or the cheaper .036.

What have you used in the past, and what do you recommend?

G-Artist

Two schools of thought.

The thinner it is, the more easily it warps in higher moisture areas and falls over. That and some times having it near an AC or heat outlet where the air moves a lot can topple them.

Thicker material doesn't warp as bad but can easily fall forward due to the weight and is unforgiving if the easel back isn't precisely applied.

The real trick is to have good easels and the larger the better. Double wing is the way to go.

Finish on the board as well as glue used in construction is also a consideration. If price isn't a major concern, go with the thicker material since you are using DW backs.