• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cargo Van Angles

animenick65

So I need to do some work with a 2010 ford E-250 including striping. Im using some new templates that came with Omega 3.0. I bring it in and put a straight line on it only to find out the centerline of the van drops a lot, and I mean a lot the farther towards the hood you go. to the point where any straight lines of text in the computer look way off on the van. I understand that most cargo vans actually have cargo so they tend to sag in the back, but I've never worked with something that had such angles. Do you guys tend to follow the body line no matter where it goes or go against it so its level with the eye? I've done plenty of vehicles with stripes on vehicles with weird angles, this one just seems bad. Giving me a tough time.

cajun312

I usually eyeball it, no matter what you do it ends up looking crooked from one angle or another. I always point that out to the customer before I start.

ProWraps

fords teardrop. the best you can do is use the back of the door as a vertical straight line, and derive your horizontal from it. no matter what you do, the text will look crooked in relation to the dipping body line, and the tear dropping roof. welcome to ford vans (hopefully that answer helps my reputation :) ).