• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cast or Calendared?

Goatshaver

I often do stickers with RTapes vinylEFX metallic material. It's a royal pain in the a** but a lot of people love the shiny stuff. However I find it does curl up a bit and I know it has limitations for solvent printing, like leaving 6mm clear of any cuts to prevent curling.

Now even with doing that I still stuff that will curl eventually but I think it's just the laminate shrinking up a little.

Would a cast overlam possibly mitigate this? and if so what is a decent cheaper cast overlam that I can look into trying?

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
we leave .25in of white around the edges so they do not curl on calandered vinyl

ProColorGraphics

I use cast laminate on everything. Almost every shrinking issue I have experienced appeared to be the calendared laminate shrinking. I have pretty much eliminated that since I switched to using all cast laminates.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I often do stickers with RTapes vinylEFX metallic material. It's a royal pain in the a** but a lot of people love the shiny stuff. However I find it does curl up a bit and I know it has limitations for solvent printing, like leaving 6mm clear of any cuts to prevent curling.

Now even with doing that I still stuff that will curl eventually but I think it's just the laminate shrinking up a little.

Would a cast overlam possibly mitigate this? and if so what is a decent cheaper cast overlam that I can look into trying?

Cast will help for sure and I have a deal on cast lam if you are interested.