• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CB15UB blade

Lea Marc

Hi guys,

We have some jobs that require small text to be plotted and we have been using the CB09UA blade. This is fine but I noticed the smaller text the harder it is to cut cleanly - the joins are not complete and in some places it doesn't cut through the media all the way so we have to finish it of by hand when weeding.

Has anyone used the CB15UB blade? Would this really help cut small text better?

Thanks, Steve

crny1

Are you telling it to use mode 1 under Tangential Mode? This may make the small text better for weeding since it will cut past the points instead of turning.

Lea Marc

I haven't tried that yet, would that mode just be for cutting small text or for everything? The manual says it is for thick media but we are cutting on Oracal 3640 and 751C..

crny1

Anytime my 8600 makes a bad corner to where the cuts arent complete or its tearing it, I turn this on and it works fine. Might be worth giving it a shot. I am still in the learning stages with this cutter too so I am no expert.

Lea Marc

Thanks. The setting we were using had it on so I turned it off mid-job to see if it made any difference, will see when it's weeded. I'll post a pic as the text is small though.

Lea Marc

Here are some pics, I've ran smaller text and had similar issues. You can see where it's picking at the joins of the text. This is on Oracal 751C.

20161125_113621.jpg 20161125_113628.jpg 20161125_113645.jpg 20161125_113652.jpg