• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CC Photoshop help

Val47

I don't need help using photoshop, but I need some computer help. For some reason, I (suddenly) can't use PS on my computer due to lack of "scratch disk" space. I can use all of the other aps I use with the cloud suite. I get an error that is is "suddenly" not compatible.
upload_2021-4-16_15-44-27.png

Can help to enlighten me on what "-SSE 4.2 or later: means? Is that a windows thing? I don't have any current windows updates pending. So... I'm not sure what the problem is. My computer is old, but the hard drive has a terabyte, and I use an external drive to save my files. why is PS suddenly incompatible?

WildWestDesigns

SSE has to do a set of instructions for Intel chips that deal with multimedia. 4.2 is the versioning number that that version needs. So it's a processor issue. Since you said that your computer is old, more then likely it really can't handle the newer version that you are trying to load. Or you had an update or something that borked the system recognizing your system having 4.2 as you said it was a sudden thing.

Edit: Apparently version 4 is the first that didn't deal solely with multimedia applications. Interesting.

Last edited:

Val47

hm. ok... bare with me, I may have created that problem. so, if I bring back my previous version, that has worked fine for years... how do I fix this scratch disk issue? Its a relatively new problem, but it shouldn't be, I should have plenty of scratch room. I may need help reassigning where PS should look.

Val47

That was incredibly helpful! I've always done ctrl K to change preferences... new world if I look under -edit -preferences. weird. THANKS!

Val47

Update... reinstalled the older version that works...and NOW able to update the scratch disk issue. Thank you WWD. I love this place!