• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE-3000 60 problems

blackbok

So I bought this after some debate. Hooked it up to my mac,, re-installed Illustrator 10 (I heard the Cutting Master software won't work with CS2) and installed the driver. brought up a file, Cutting Master, settings, update preview, an dhit (I cant remember, but the thing that most resembled "cut" or "send". The cutters light flashed a few times, the motor whirred for two seconds, and nothing. I am perplexed. I have tried version 8, and 10 of illustrator. First version 8 said USB error.

Killing me. i have heard people say this plug in is a dream. Anyone teach me how to get it going?

seaviewsigns

call graphtec's tech support. i think the guy's name is Ari who will help you with Mac support. he's VERY helpful. sent me half a dozen drivers for the cutter before everything worked properly. it WILL cut from CS2 as long as you have the proper driver for the version and OS. I'm running CS2 and Tiger and it cuts great... a real work horse!!! i also know, after talking with that gentleman for quite a while that they are constantly updating their drivers and developing more compatible versions. he even sent me one that wasn't offered to the market yet to see if that worked, but it wasn't the one I needed specifically.

I'm connected through USB. Just throwing that one in there.

cory

blackbok

Talked to the tech gut at graphtec, said I have to reconfigure the cutter by going into the menus. I'll try when i get home. In the meantime, I was looking on ebay and saw FlexiStarter Desay Edition. AT $99 it is a cheap alternative to any other Flexi. I do ALL of my designing in Illustrator, and only need a program to cut from. Anyone have any thoughts on this software? I use Flexi Pro at work all day, so I would be comfortable with it, I just dont need all the bells and whistles.

WVB

From my understanding Flexi Starter is VERY basic. Why not look into a bridge program called CoCut or CoCut Pro which will cut directly from Illustrator/Corel. But it adds all the extra settings that the plugin from graphtec does not.

blackbok

NBaessler said:
You can download the CS2 from our link http://www.graphtecusa.com/products.php?cat_id=1&visit=img&series_id=26&view=D&driver=51, or I can email it to you. Feel free to call me at 800-854-8385 x 1119

Neal

Hey Neal, it's Richard @ Disney. Just spoke with you a few days ago about the plug in (at least I'm assuming this is the Neal at Graphtec.) As you can see 'm into some issues. I did find the CS2 update last night after posting.

Hopefully I can work this out.

blackbok

Update:

I changed the plotters setting from"HP-GL" to "GP-GL", and everything is perfect. The plug in is VERY basic, but does the trick. Anyone know how to cut multiples? I don't see a quantity box in the menus. Do I just lay out say "x" amount of what I'm cutting in illustrator and that's it?

Other than that, very happy (and relieved) it's up and running.

NBaessler

Hi Richard,

Yes, I am the one who talked with you over the phone. Under the Options page look for Matrix Copy. Click on the box and I believe everything in there is self explanatory.

Neal.