• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ce5000-60 start point

watchdaride

Just picked up a graphtec ce5000-60 . I am using flexi sign 8.1 and when i cut the cutter advances the vinyl about 90" then starts to cut in the middle . I try entring the origin and turn off auto feed but it keeps advancing then cuts from the middle and when finished it advances another 90" then stops in the middle. Any help would appreciated? Emialed graphtec 3 days ago and no response yet. thanks

watchdaride

I finally figured it out . Here is the soloution in case anyone else has this problem on page 3-2 of manual

3.1 Setting the Format of Data to be Received
Before data is sent from the computer, the format (command mode) of the data sent by the application software
must be checked. The cutting plotter accepts two data formats (command modes): GP-GL (Graphtec)
and HP-GL commands. Set the command mode to suit the application used.
 Setting the Command Mode
Check to confirm that the cutting plotter is in READY mode (displaying the current pen settings).
Press the (PAUSE) key to switch to PAUSE mode, and then press the (NEXT) or (PREV.) key
until the menu shown below is displayed.
Press the (ENTER) key to display the menu shown below.
Press the or key to select “GP-GL” or “HP-GL,” and then press the (ENTER) key to confirm.
To cancel the selection, press the (NEXT) or (PREV.) key.
If “GP-GL” is selected, set the STEP SIZE. If “HP-GL” is selected, set the ORIGIN POINT. If a different
command from that set previously is selected, the PAUSE mode is automatically cancelled once the STEP
SIZE (GP-GL) or ORIGIN POINT (HP-GL) is set.