• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE5000 Blade Help

elliot

Hi Guys!

The blade(not holder) on CE5000 is supposed to "waive" left-right right-left when is mount on the holder?

cut.png

I have problems with my CE5000, sometimes cut ok and sometime not make right the cuts on the same design (art). I try various cutting force-speeds-quality settings but with mixed results. When I send any design to cut two or more times on same vinyl, make one cut right the others not. I use averyA4 vinyl with CB09UA blade.

PS. I see on ebay blade holders make on metal and not plastic like the original, anyone tried this metal holders, is better or not that the original?

Thanks for your time and help guys!

stickerguynyc

yes it suppose to more freely, if it doesn't turn freely you need a new blade holder...don't buy aftermarket blade holder they not good spend a little more and buy original graphtec.my blade holder died after 3 year of use. the blade holder is like $128

got a pic of how it cut?

jiarby

Call ROSS ar cleancutblades!! He sold me some great blades and an OEM blade holder

Update:
It's "cleancutblade.com" No S at the end.

Last edited:

rcook99

I would also say call Ross at Cleancutblades! I bought 4 blades last year and have had no problems and he is great to deal with.

markz

Elliot, greetings.
i had a similar issue a while back, new blades are best to try. but i thought,gee, why don't i lubricate the tip part where all the "swivelin" is occuring. a good shot of WD40. allow to drip dry. hit with air hose or keyboard cleaning can.....no "binding" issues.
Also, i send about 4-6 blades to Clean Cut for resharpening ( we usually have 2 or 3 here while the others are being sharpened ), -when they "act" up just a little. i really don't want to grow up & do vinyl so to keep my kuhl, i avoid any hassles with the plotter. just say no to....weeding !
good luck. Zman.....the Southern Md. Wallslopper !