• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE6000 Contour Cutting Issue

RoyalCask

Hi all!

I'm doing a contour cut on my CE6000 and am having an issue - regardless of where I set the origin (or when Cutting Master promos to align the sensor over the first mark) the machine pulls the head all the way to the right and tries scanning to the very right...which of course fails as the mark is a handful of inches to the left.

Thanks for everyone's input and help!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is this happening with only one particular file or everything that you try to contour cut?
Sometimes when something does not want to cut I will copy everything to a new file and set up new crop marks matching the offsets and sizes of the original ones.
If you've gotten good contour cuts before then you already know the procedure but if not:
Let the plotter scan the width of the material and then move the head to the right mark and leave it with the cutting tip inside of the crop mark without resetting the origin. Plotter should start scanning from that point and you are off to the races.

RoyalCask

This is the issue I'm having (doing test cuts, so ignore the graphics) - this time it started scanning down the page, where the other times it started to the far right of the plotter.

ikarasu

Are you setting your origin correctly? Your origin needs to be before and on the outer edge of the crop mark. If you set your origin after the crop mark feeds through... It doesn't matter if you move the head over the crop mark as itll be past the media start point, then it'll just feed itself to the origin and try to find the mark