• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cellphone Screen Protectors

dj_elite

I have been making cellphone screen protectors for me and my wifes cellphones. I currently use just clear Oracal 751 to make them, but they are not so clear for a smartphones screen. The protection is great though no complaints there. My screen is like brand new underneath. I guess my question is what vinyl do you guys use? Id like to see what works best
Thanks in advance!

I use static cling. Never have any problems with it. If I were using vinyl I would use optical laminate like you would use on a window screen.

TheSnowman

I've just used my Oraguard 293 and it works fine. I got a Ballistic case so I haven't been using it since, but it worked good before that. After a while it starts to look dirty, but then I just grab another piece and put it on.

gabagoo

Good Idea.... When I purchased my I phone I bought a cover for the phone and it came with this screen protector. Me the sign guy figures piece of cake and I put it on...hmmm a few small bubbles, peeled it off and tried again and again a few small bubbles. peeled it off and then couldn't get it on perfectly straight and then got a finger print on it. Sheeesh, I was feelin pretty stupid. Tossed the protector out lol

So now using optical laminate or what ever...if it gets worn out or scratched will it leave glue residue?

dj_elite

Is the 210 clear? With the 751 it is clear but it has what appears to look like small streaks on the screen.

dj_elite

When I use 751 sometimes it leaves a very small amount of residue, comes right off and screen still looks brand new!

saktrnch

The 210 is clear, I liked it better than the screen protectors from the store. My phone spends most of it's day in my pocket, or tool box, or dashboard. I've found the laminate to be more scratch and dent resistant.