• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Certain Images Add a Huge Margin on the Right

David40

Been having a problem with printing certain images. When I start the print the image shifts away from the right margin and prints off the media to the left. I am using Flexi Rip and Print with a 1204 Mutoh printer. In the Production Manager everything looks good, image is centered perfectly and margins are set to 0. The first time it happened I was printing out a Create Swatch under the View Menu, but instead of printing it as it was I rearranged the swatches in a better pattern to fit the media. That one shifted over 5 and 6 inches from the right. Then today I Imported a group of 12 PDF comprehensive color swatches arranging them on the page, and this time it started printing 25" from the right margin on 30" media. Don't know what the hell might be causing this. Anyone else had this problem or know a solution?
Thanks
:help

David40

I am really starting to have my doubts about Flexi. It may be they have reached the point where the software is so complex they are having unintended interactions betwenn the main program and the Production Manager. I have been wrestling with this positioning problem for days now and wasting a ton of media. Seems like I never know where the image will start to print on the media.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hard to pin down without loading the guilty files.
You want to send one that errors out every time?
I run a 1304 with Flexi 8.6 pm me if you want me to take a look.
One thing you might want to do is open the tile/paneling tab in the production manager and pull the edges in tight around the arranged layout to make sure just that portion will be sent to the printer.
PDFs page/art board sizing can trip Flexi up at times.

wayne k
guam usa

David40

Here is an update on this. There are three places to "preview" your job, one is in Flexi, one is in the RIP and Print Window, and a third is the Production Manager Job Properties window. These print outs where I'm having the trouble look good in the first two windows, but when I look at them in the Production Manager Job Properties window they are on a page that I have no idea how it's being generated. That one image where the printing starts 25" from the right edge? It turns out this is happening because it's being overlayed onto a page that's 72" wide in the Production Manager Job Properties window. This page from hell that appears out of nowhere cannot be adjusted no matter what I do. All my dimentions appear correctly in the boxes to the left and changing them has no effect on the bigger page shown in the preview. Could be the new version 10.5 is wrought with bugs? :frustrated:

MikeD

it sounds like there may be some "extra" data or art in your file that is outside the boundaries of your original artboard or page size. If you can't find it you may have luck rasterizing and cropping a copy of your file. That could at least help to isolate the problem.
Good Luck!