• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion CET K2 1000 "Everest" flatbed adhesion issues

Tom Dalton

Is anybody else using the CET K2 1000 "Everest" flatbed with the Kyocera heads? If so, do you have adhesion issues? If you don't think that you do, have you tried wiping a recent print with any liquid cleaners? Even water will remove it to some degree. They're looking for a fix and said others have reported the issue. I'm curious if anyone has found an in-house fix that hasn't been reported yet. Maybe an adhesion promoter or running it through a secondary UV dryer...!?

davecich

Tom,

It's an ink issue. Even if you have not noticed yet, the ink they use is very brittle too. I am assuming this is their "Mosaic" ink. I have a much better ink that I run in my flatbed printers with the same Kyocera heads that are warranted for use in Kyocera heads. Also, be very careful. If just once you fail to reset the automatic height while moving from a thicker to thinner substrate, you can cure the ink in your heads in a matter of seconds.

Call me if you would like to. 470-326-3790.

Dave Cich

Outputtech75a

Tom i don't have your printer.
But i have a FB700 and have the same issues.
I use a Adhesion Promoter Called UVIJET made by Sericol which is a Fuji product.
This works well for ink sticking to acrylic.