• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion CET K2 250 and Nutec Inks

TZahn

I have a CET K2 250 that we've had in the shop for about 8 months. I'm about to put in a 3rd Kyocera print head to the tune of $8000!! I have constant clogging, banding, ink fall out and have to flush often. I use Nutec inks and recently heard that may be my problem. Anyone else have similar issues with these inks? It seems to be the cyan that causes the biggest problem.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Ask them about it? Tell them to either diagnose the issue or you switch inks. Worked for us, ended up with a whole new bulk system and 16l of inks on our mimaki.

If you’re buying enough they usually find a fix for you pretty quickly.

That or switch inks and see how you get on. if there’s no obvious reasons such as head strikes etc then ink would be my first bet.

TZahn

Thanks. I'll be talking to them more today. My dealer mention the inks yesterday. Our previous CET ran beautifully for years, never had a head issue.

VISCOM

Thanks. I'll be talking to them more today. My dealer mention the inks yesterday. Our previous CET ran beautifully for years, never had a head issue.
Nutec inks are your problem... I know another CET user with Kyocera printheads that messed up two heads...

Christian @ 2CT Media

We were looking at the K2 Linear before we settled on the Vanguard. After talking to Dave Cich at Vanguard and doing research, the OEM CET in choice of NuTec is garbage. Lots of issues, hell they even offered us a 50% off head support package to go with them.

Can you switch to the sun chemical inks that vanguard use? I have talked to 10 shops and they love it with the Kyocera heads.

Our machine gets installed today so I will report back our findings.

Christian @ 2CT Media

After a few weeks of running our Vanguard... the Sun Inks are super durable and bite aggressively to the surface of the material. We have no scratch off issues even on Acrylic and ACP, the trick is finding the right Lamp intensity to allow the ink to bite in better.

The Vanguard VK300D-HS is an awesome machine, the ink choice is phenomenal and the speed is incredible. Makes our old HP FB750 look like a dinosaur and the print quality is uncomparable.

VISCOM

After a few weeks of running our Vanguard... the Sun Inks are super durable and bite aggressively to the surface of the material. We have no scratch off issues even on Acrylic and ACP, the trick is finding the right Lamp intensity to allow the ink to bite in better.

The Vanguard VK300D-HS is an awesome machine, the ink choice is phenomenal and the speed is incredible. Makes our old HP FB750 look like a dinosaur and the print quality is uncomparable.
2CT Media, I agree my VK300D-HS is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speed / Quality / Inks are very durable

VISCOM

How long have you had your machine?

Have you had any issues at all? I believe I saw that you got yours around the beginning of February. Is that correct?
I got it in mid January .... some software bugs but they are working on it .... I can kick out the work on this machine ... workhorse

Christian @ 2CT Media

How long have you had your machine?

Have you had any issues at all? I believe I saw that you got yours around the beginning of February. Is that correct?
Ours was installed the end of January, it has been amazing to run and very fast. The color fidelity Fidelity and overall image quality is top of class. They are coming back in a few weeks to install the White and Varnish channels so we are excited to have those options soon.