• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CG-160FX

Hate2wait

I need help!
I am having trouble getting my PC to recognize my Mimaki CG-160FX. I tried the USB connection but no luck. I am currently trying to use the serial port option and no luck so far. I'm using a windows 7 64x PC with Flexi 12 cloud. My Mimaki JV3-160sp printer works fine.
I guess my question is.... am I missing something? Do I need to use finecut software to use the cutter? I have the software but it only installs with Adobe illustrator or CorelDRAW and I don't have those programs. I have downloaded all the drivers that are available but my computer doesn't recognize the cutter.

Please help
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have the proper drivers installed, install FineCut. You then have to open the plugin in illustrator and go into the settings and setup the cutter there. If the drivers are the correct ones, when you setup the communication settings for the cutter, the USB option should show your cutter's serial number. If it shows nothing at the USB settings, the drivers are not correct or the USB connection is faulty.

Hate2wait

If you have the proper drivers installed, install FineCut. You then have to open the plugin in illustrator and go into the settings and setup the cutter there. If the drivers are the correct ones, when you setup the communication settings for the cutter, the USB option should show your cutter's serial number. If it shows nothing at the USB settings, the drivers are not correct or the USB connection is faulty.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk