• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG-160FXII Plotter - Fine Cut 9 - Why no Intermediate Marks?

MarkH42

Our plotter is a CG-160FXII. The software is Mimaki Fine Cut 9 and we are running it on a Mac. We are having trouble on long cutting runs (10'+) with the plotter finding the registration marks, but up until now we have only put them at the corners. We weren't aware of "intermediate registration marks" because we rarely have a job that gives us trouble. I watched a video on intermediate registration marks and thought that would be the answer, but when you go to that screen in our software, that option is greyed out. You can see it, but you can't click on it. We are trying to determine if maybe the CG-160FXII is too old to work with the intermediate marks, or maybe there is some other explanation. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance for the help!

jimmmi

CG-SR3 has for sure that is lower end model and i suppose the FX2 plus they released last year. Its a pity their high end model missing this feature. Graphtec's old models have this.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
As SolventInk says....

I purchased a Summa T-Series. Love it

load a roll and with the barcode reading capability we cut job after job after job. Unattended.

just come and grab the sheets as they are cut off when done