• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG - 75 print cut problems... Please help Mimaki pros.

speedmedia

Hey,
I am having issues with my cutter when I am doing print/cut. It seems anything over a certain length when I cut it will cut awkwardly the end prints.

It was fine at first (2.5 years) I put new pinch roller wheels on it and it hasn't solved the problem. When I run vinyl through it and set it up it doesn't seem like the print/cut is drifting or anything (at least not much). Almost seems like a setting got changed somehow.

Offset is 30.

Is there any sort of alignment on this machine? Any other ideas it could be?

Thanks,
Kurt

cardsin2005

This is the same problem I have. Mine will cut perfectly on the edge of my image but it ends up cutting about 1/8 inch too far. I hope we can resolve this.

speedmedia

Have you talked to a dealer or anyone about it? Mine won't return calls. Seems they only call when they want to sell me something, not when something is wrong...

Any ideas of anyone who might be good to contact regarding this?

Thanks,
Kurt

cardsin2005

Yea no kidding on that. Our dealer only calls back when he wants to sell the new thing. This is a very frustrating problem.

APC Tech NE

This could be the X axis belt if you are getting it only on the top or bottom of you cut. I have replaced a few of these for this reason.

Still having problems? So you're saying that your cuts start off accurately but gets progressively scaled in the feed direction?

If you have access to the #ADJUST menu and a Plotter Pen then there is a pattern you can run called "400mm Square" which is exactly what it sounds like. Try running this and then measuring the X Axis of the square (with a metric tape or ruler obviously) to see if it really is 400mm. If this is not drawing the right size then noting else you cut will either!

Also, what are you using for cutting software and how many marks do you have it search for?

speedmedia

Still having problems? So you're saying that your cuts start off accurately but gets progressively scaled in the feed direction?

If you have access to the #ADJUST menu and a Plotter Pen then there is a pattern you can run called "400mm Square" which is exactly what it sounds like. Try running this and then measuring the X Axis of the square (with a metric tape or ruler obviously) to see if it really is 400mm. If this is not drawing the right size then noting else you cut will either!

Also, what are you using for cutting software and how many marks do you have it search for?

Yes, still having the same problems. All I can get out of Mimaki is .prm files to reset the settings on the machine which clearly has not solved anything.

Advantage Sign Supply won't do crap unless I want to buy something else from them, they aren't a whole lot of help. I would just like a tech that knows this machine to come by or call and help me get it right. I am willing to pay.... They act like my money is no good.

I am using Fine Cut and have always used it. Everything has been great until recently. I will try the 400mm test to see what that comes up with. If it is off what is the most logical thing to change?

It starts off just fine and then gradually gets out of whack the longer it goes. It is only a length issue and not width.

Thanks,
Kurt