• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG160 FXII - How to stop it from scrolling to the front on a roll - FineCut software

MarkH42

We would like to run our CG160 FXII where we can capture the plotted jobs on a roll without cutting each job off the machine individually. The problem is, when you lift the rollers to make an adjustment, then hit ROLL, it scrolls to the front edge, or about 15', whichever comes first. We then have to scroll it back to find the marks and that up-and-back movement can cause enough creep in the material that it can't detect the marks. Is there a work around for this? Maybe hitting LEAF instead of ROLL? Maybe there is an adjustment in the machine or software that turns off the machine's attempt to find the front edge every time? Solving this would be a big time saver. Thanks in advance for your help!

cornholio

RTFM... when you set up a new medium, you can select different ways. (Arrow key) One of them is "width only"

Ronny Axelsson

Not sure exactly how I set up my CG FXII (so many years ago) but it only checks for sheet/roll width, never length.
I believe I only disabled the sheet sensor and that's it, but I'm not sure.

If you want to try, go into the Setup menu (FUNCTION key, down arrow x 2, Enter).
Then push up or down arrow until "SHEET sensor<ENT>" appears, hit Enter.
Then up or down to "<SHEET SENSOR:OFF>, Enter.
Back out with END button.

This should disable the sheet length check (I hope) and solve your problem.