• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG160FX Cut Speed ?

TheSnowman

Wow...that's a new one. Mine goes to 100 I believe. I do know that when I'm doing a contour cut, and it has to find the registration marks, I have to take it out of remote mode once it starts cutting in order to get it to cut at the depth and speed I had originally set it at. Then I have to select the settings I had before, and put it back in remote mode.

It defaults to 20 if I don't do that...so maybe it's just a goofy default setting that's over riding for some reason.

Vinylman

I believe I was just reading in the setup book that when you are cutting large or long pieces the program locks you out of high speed cut mode. It relates to Mimaki not wanting you to be throwing large amounts of vinyl back and forth through the plotter while plotting.
The Program has automatic pre sets that take over even if you set higher speeds.

cptcorn

adad
Yeah the last 160fx i was on (new job), I could go up to 100...

These settings aren't kicking in after the job is sent. I can't set the speed any higher then 20 at any time.

sha

You should check priority on the cutter.It should be set on ploter not on host, maybe you get the settings from finecut or other program that you are using.
Also check Up speed that is the speed when cutter is not making a cut but moving media back and fort.