• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CG60-st communication problem

Kuyote

Hello,

I just recently purchased a Piranha cg60st, with finecut 7.1, but it didn't have a cable. I've tried Null modem, modem, and Straight through cables. Only the Null modem gave me any indication that the cutter was connected, but I couldn't plot, it would give me an error 1. Everything else was a couldn't connect error. Can someone verify that the Null modem rs232 cable is the correct cable, or if you knows the pins for the cable let me know, and I'll make one? Also, I'm trying to install this on Windows 7 with the Mimaki 3 driver that is for the CG line of cutters, I'm hoping that includes the cg60st, as the 1.2 driver wouldn't work on Windows XP sp3, or on my windows 7 machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this setup won't work, can you let me know. :thankyou:

sha

ST model is not included in Mimaki driver 3.0 but you can try and in Fine cut plotter setup select "other CG" since there also there is no ST model.

Good luck

Kuyote

Thanks for the reply sha, I was able to get it working, using the Null modem cable. I had upgraded to finecut 8, and when I tried to test the connection, it said the printer was configured on that com port, after unchecking the com 3 in printer properties, I was able to cut. You are correct about the other cg settings for 3.0