• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Championship Caps & T-Shirts

christopher

Hi This is Christopher from sunny Jamaica, W. I. I have to says this site help me so much you Guys are the best, Can some one tell me what they do with the loser T-shirts & Caps of a Championship game?:rolleyes:

cajun312

I think they donate them to charities out of the USA. I know Academy Sports had thousands on LSU championship shirts in stock several days before the game....I'm sure they are glad LSU won lol

StitchWerks

Normally contracts are signed with two different suppliers to provide the championship items. The contracts are very specific as to the number of items needed at the end of the game and the number of items needed to be completed throughout the near future. The company with the winning team makes out. (but it is a ton of work). The company with the losing team takes a small bath. All preprinted or embroidered items, screens, digital files, or copies of the losing team items must be destroyed at the end of the game. There are a small amount of items pre printed or embroidered, but they are closely watched until either the winning team gets to wear them or they are destroyed. With most hats for either the SuperBowl or the World Series the design is generic enough that they can pre embroider the logos and then the specific winning team logo is heat applied to the center of the logo. That way they can sell right away while the market is hot. It is a gamble to bid on the hot market of championship apparel. If you make out it is a long week of 24 hour days to flood the market with the items. If you lose it is a long week of shipping back all the inks, shirt blanks, thread and hats to all the suppliers. Very rarely does any of the items get out of the hands of the sanctioning organization.
If you ever see one it is rare.