• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change file from cmyk to rgb

Craig Keller

cmyk file change it to rgb. I see in design information says rgb on his. Cmyk on mine. How do u just change it from cmyk to rgb?? I feel stupid!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I use Illy, but under a file info drop down, there should be a document color mode, you should be able to set it there.
Also in Illy (not sure if Corel is the same) but the document color mode can be one thing, and elements in the document can be another... It's weird. Not sure where to check that, but some Corel user might come along and be more help.

dejancurk

Tools->Color Management->Document settings: Select primary color mode.

Go to Edit->Find and Replace->Replace objects: Replace color model or pallete.
Select CMYK to replace and replace it with RGB. Do it both for fills and then again for outlines.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What printer u have?

It shouldn't matter a bit what printer he might be wrangling. CMYK for vector objects and always RGB for bitmaps.

Just so you know, you're not texting or sending a telegram, you can spell out words here with no penalty.

greysquirrel

So RGB is a larger color space and what we use to view images on a monitor…millions of colors. Printing is done through cmyk, mixing colors to make thousands of colors.
Do all of your design in rgb. Give your rip the most possible colors. It will convert to cmyk and give you the widest gamut available

CanuckSigns

CMYK for vector objects and always RGB for bitmaps.
Who decided this? I use RGB for vectors, except when I don't and then I use CMYK, sometimes I even use pantone if I can afford it that month.

Honestly as long as you don't mix the 2 on the same file expecting them to print the same there is usually not a huge issue. I can't tell you how many "professionally designed" files I've had with RGB black text, with a CMYK black outline around it to make it bolder...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Who decided this? I use RGB for vectors, except when I don't and then I use CMYK, sometimes I even use pantone if I can afford it that month.

Honestly as long as you don't mix the 2 on the same file expecting them to print the same there is usually not a huge issue. I can't tell you how many "professionally designed" files I've had with RGB black text, with a CMYK black outline around it to make it bolder...

I decided, based on pragmatic experience after ~20 years of large format printing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
At the end of the day designing in RGB to hit better colors is really a band aid on a bigger issue. If you properly color profile your printer on your media and calibrate your monitor, you can design in CMYK and get the full gamut your printer is capable of without having to guess with RGB.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Many of the colors in the RGB color space fall outside the gamut limits of CMYK. Even if a large format printer has extra ink cartridges, such as light cyan and light magenta, it will not hit every RGB color. When I design graphics in RGB I usually try to keep them within CMYK gamut limits unless the work I'm doing is only going to be displayed on electronic displays (computer monitors, LED signs, etc).