• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Change of Business name.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Don't spell words wrong. No hyphens. Unless you're going to be a world wide known company, I would add signs, graphics, printing, vinyl, something so when they see the name they know what it is. My name has sign, graphics and vinyl in it...it's way too long. A new company opening up in my town sells tshirts but the name is something Brand&____ - some random word. The name has nothing to do with shirts. I like Tex's best, city + signs = perfect unless you move LOL

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Don't spell words wrong. No hyphens. Unless you're going to be a world wide known company, I would add signs, graphics, printing, vinyl, something so when they see the name they know what it is. My name has sign, graphics and vinyl in it...it's way too long. A new company opening up in my town sells tshirts but the name is something Brand&____ - some random word. The name has nothing to do with shirts. I like Tex's best, city + signs = perfect unless you move LOL
And it gives you high ranking on Google because the name almost matches verbatim what people are searching for.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Not sure where in Canada you are, but these domains are all available:
1626801853160.png

When I am thinking of a new business name, I always start with Godaddy to make sure the clear and precise dot com domain name is available. Last thing I want to do is to try to get my name after we blow up in business. It's not crazy important for a small local business, but it's not a bad thing to own your own brand.

FireSprint is a trade-only screen and digital sign printer. Join our nationwide network of resellers today!

10sacer

So Long story short I'm joining in with another shop owner in town and to make things easier on paper we need to come up with a new Business name.
At 1st we weren't but for Legal reason we have to. SO! I need some help.
Some background.
Small shop 3 people for now including me, they do alot of B to C and my goal is to start moving towards B to B. Best know for vehicle graphics and wraps.

I'm leaning towards a more generic name that doesn't pigeon hole us but my Partner is thinking pick a gimmick and go with it, but I'm looking long tern down the road and I want something that can adapt over time.

Rebranding sucks.

Thanks
Build A Fast Signs by Tomorrow Now

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Keep one of the two names, the one with the most credit value and better numbers (at least you can buy or finance stuff), then choose a DBA for your new brand name;
make sure there’s a simple URL (.ca) to go with what you choose.

• Agree
Reactions: WB