• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changed out maintenance station for Mutoh 1624, no waste ink pumping.

Eforcer

Printing a few banners with nice looking prints. Next day come in to find out that the nozzle check was real bad. Opened up the panel to see lines are clear of ink. So it's not drawing down ink from head. Is there a program to engage the motor to draw ink down?

TIA

Attachments

• Lines.jpg
    Lines.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 421

FrankW

Have you checked this tubes during cleaning? Regularly this tubes are empty, leading ink to the waste ink tank only during pumping.

If the tubes arent filling during cleaning, it could be that there is something wrong with the cap top or the pump. How old is that maintenance kit?

Eforcer

Have you checked this tubes during cleaning? Regularly this tubes are empty, leading ink to the waste ink tank only during pumping.

If the tubes arent filling during cleaning, it could be that there is something wrong with the cap top or the pump. How old is that maintenance kit?
Frank thanks for quick respondence. It's my third station I've changed out. Never had this issue before. It's drawing on Yellow and cyan ad some magenta and very little black

FrankW

Then a lot of things could be the problem, everthing in the ink lines from blocking valves between cartridges and subtanks down to dampers and heads.

Eforcer

Then a lot of things could be the problem, everthing in the ink lines from blocking valves between cartridges and subtanks down to dampers and heads.
Thanks again Frank. So frustrated Saturday I closed early. But I left the head soaking all weekend. What I believe, my dumb A** did was, the night before I turned off machine and let the head dry. This morning did a head test. Perfect! Just finished running 3 posters and to my delight, they look awesome. Again thanks for responding. Best information forum for the sign industry...