• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changed out my DX5 print head...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Gotta love the output quality on a 100% perfect head. :thumb: Literally took me about 15 minutes from unplugging the machine to printing again. So easy a caveman can do it! No impossible to get to to without an oddly long (but not too long) allen wrench, no complicated long draw out alignments, etc. Take the carriage cover off, pull the 8 dampers off and to the side, remove the 2 hight lock rods, remove 2 thumb turn screws and the head on its mounting plate pops right out. Disconnect the 2 cables and memory board connector, remove the head from the plate at your workbench and reverse the same procedure. Only alignment needed was a 2 minute Dot Position Correct.

If anyone is interested I have a bare used DX5 head I'll sell for pretty cheap. No manifold, just the bare head. CMY are 100% but the 2 middle black channels are about 30% clogged. Even a 24 hour soak would not recover them. After it sits overnight it gets to about 50% or more clogged on black, a 20 minute soak will get it back to about 70 to 80% firing. Finally gave up and just threw a new head at it. Maybe if you soak it long enough it will clear up - dont know really. I did flush the head with cleaning solution till all channels ran clear. Also ran across and older DX4 head from our old JV3 on the shelf.

nardDesign

I've buyed new printhead dx5 for mimaki cjv30-160 but I can't work with it. When you changed the printhead did you changed head memory too, or you're working with old head memory

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm assuming you are talkign about the small circuit board attached to the front upper edge of the plastic manifold. I simply reused that. One thing - with the non-original head I have to keep my firmware at a low level (had to downgrade the firmware). Firmware above 3.2 on a JV33 rejects non-original Mimaki heads and gives a Device Construction Error. Honestly do not know if this will be the same on a CJV-30. I will see if I can find out though.

I'm not 100% sure but I just looked at the firmware documents for a CJV and it looks like they may have added the non-original head detection at firmware version 2.0 on a CJV machine.

nardDesign

I'm assuming you are talkign about the small circuit board attached to the front upper edge of the plastic manifold. I simply reused that. One thing - with the non-original head I have to keep my firmware at a low level (had to downgrade the firmware). Firmware above 3.2 on a JV33 rejects non-original Mimaki heads and gives a Device Construction Error. Honestly do not know if this will be the same on a CJV-30. I will see if I can find out though.

I'm not 100% sure but I just looked at the firmware documents for a CJV and it looks like they may have added the non-original head detection at firmware version 2.0 on a CJV machine.

:thankyou: but now machine is working great, but it's been about 5-6 months that the mimaki didn't print, and now all machine works, but is not printing anything even test print... Do you know where's the problem