• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing a JV33 From a 7 Color to 4 Color Machine

Jeff G

I have been tasked to change our JV33 from a 7 color machine (CMYKlclmW) to a 4 color machine (CMYK). I have been looking everywhere for, at least some guidelines on this process.
Our service provider has given me all of the tools to do the job, just not too much instruction (the tech is unavailable until Monday, and I have to start this today).
I am wondering if anyone has attempted this before, any suggestions or and "if this happens while you are fiddling around with the hoses.... run".
:beer

Case

flush the machine first.... then open the back cover behind the ink carts....... pull out those lil blue plugs and connect the little tubes to combine every 2 slots together.... select 4 color when you boot and go....

Case

Last edited:

mark in tx

Basically,
you have to flush the lines of color.

There should be something in the manual about what to do to prepare the machine for movement or storage.

The automatic, machine driven process will take longer than if you plug in the cleaning carts and use a syringe to draw the cleaning fluid through the system.

But that's the cowboy way.

Jeff G

Cool, I have the tubes and o-rings to connect everything in the back... it all just seems too easy...

Thanks!

bbeens

Jeff-

I have done this 3 or 4 times. You will need to change a parameter in service mode. Once you flush the lines and connect the ink lines it might not allow you to select 4-color when prompted on the front panel. If this happens you will need to call Mimaki support to have them walk you through getting into service mode. I think the parameter to change is 96 or 98 - can't remember now. The whole process should only take a half hour or so.

Bryan

Jeff G

Thanks bbeens, I just ran into this issue and was about to ask. Just called my local support and awaiting on a reply!

Jeff G

Bryan....

If you can let me know what parameters I need to change, I would be extremely grateful, as of now, I can not get the information that I need to change over the machine. I would need to pay to get the rest of the information.
I have already connected the tubes, and when I go to turn on the machine, i am left with only two options (six colors and six colors and white).

Its the weekend, have a good one, any help would be greatly appreciated.