• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Aluminum sign base color

Afgraffix

Hello i have a sign to do for a customer that wants a navy aluminum sign. I can get a white base and other blue bases but im trying figure out what is the best way to do it i.e. Wrap it with navy vehicle wrap or buy the paint for aluminum? Any one done this before?
thank you

Afgraffix

+1 wrapping with vinyl will be faster, since no out-gassing / drying of paint.

Thank you. Ive been messing around with some hexis 2000. Do you have a preference on a wrap that is best to work with. Or a paint that you have used for signs before and/or tips?

Nuagedesigns

If your not comfortable with painting why not have a local autobody shop paint it for you? We do lots of work for our local autobody shops and if we need them to paint something we just bring a swatch book that the customr approved color on and they match it up. Usually the cost is minimal depending on size and this way you should be able to trust the qaulity of paint on the sign. Plus a good relationship with autobody shops is good business for us.

econolinesigns

It would be best to paint. We would spray it using dupont automotive finish. If you don't do spraying, +1 for using local autobody shop to paint.