• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

changing cartridges

signwizz

my prints started getting faded so i changed the cartridges and the ink levels said it was out but when i remove them i can feel liquid swishing around in them is that normal to have some in them
shane

signwizz

so as long as i go through the menu to ink level and it shows empty then replace the ones that say to do so,they all do except yellow
shane

MikesSigns

I ignore the ink level on the menu. It is not real accurate. My Versacamm shuts down and gives you a empty alarm when a cartridge needs to be replaced. I will then pull out cartridge and put a piece of tape over the side tab on cartridge and replace, this will allow you to finish a small job or just pop in your new one. Just wait for the alarm.

Mike

toli13

The ink level indicator on the menu is very inaccurate. Also the one in VersaWorks. Wait, as Mike said, till the alarm comes up and printing stops. I never had a problem changing ink in middle of a job. The ink status in Versaworks is helpful to prepare a cartridge for changing. That should be done very quick in middle of a job to prevent from banding at sensitive materials. So the cartridge should be placed unpacked near the back of your machine. Don't forget to push "Resume printing" in Versaworks after change.
But, as you said, the print was faded. Was this solved after changing the cartridge(s)? Have you changed more than one cartridge at once? It's hardly ever that more than one ink runs empty at the same time. Seems, that there is another problem than low ink. I once had an issue, where the indicator of a cartridge didn't work, so the ink tube in the printer went dry. That normally should not happen. And in this case there is no ink left over in the empty cartridge.
Tilo