• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing CJV150 8 color (white - silver) to dual 4 color CMYK advice needed

Forty One

I'm currently in the process of reviving a dead CJV and I need a little advice.
I'm changing the current configuration of CMYK Or Lb White Silver to dual CMYK but I'm not 100% sure on how to config the lines/dampers.

I've replaced all the dampers and flushed the lines out. I've bypassed the recirc system for the white and silver and replaced those lines completely.
Before I start running ink into the lines, I want to ensure I have the carts and dampers in the right configuration.
The orientation of the carts do not correspond to the configuration of dampers.
So, can anyone advise when changing it up to dual CMYK, what channels are what?

EG, on my JV33 my carts are MMCCYYKK. but on the CJV, currently it's M C W Y K Or Si Lb. (or something to that effect)
Do I run the channels as MMCCYYKK or MCYKMCYK?

Then finally, what would the configuration be for the dampers? Do I run the dampers to only one color each or keep it as per the current configuration? Eg, one damper is M+C.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The cartridges will be set up just like your JV33 so MMCCYYKK. The dampers should be se up as below:

CKCM 2578
MYKY 1346

Take the cover off the back of the cartridge area. You will see where you can connect each line together there. You need to connect the lines because the machine only pulls from one cartridge at a time so ink needs to be able to flow from either cartridge to both dampers.

You also need to change the ink set parameter for all of this to work. I don't have that off the top of my head but if you need it let me know.

Forty One

Cheers.
Yeah, Ive sorted out the config for this. I managed to get a photo of someone else's machine that ran this.
Re parameters, I may need your assistance here.
I have installed all es3 carts from the jv33 with the continuous chips andI 've changed the parameter (32?? Can't remember off the top of my head) "Inkset" to '0' for the es3 dual channel config but it still comes up with the can't print error and all the carts are unrecognisable. Wrong ink it says.

if you can help, happy to buy you a beer or 6

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Cheers.
Yeah, Ive sorted out the config for this. I managed to get a photo of someone else's machine that ran this.
Re parameters, I may need your assistance here.
I have installed all es3 carts from the jv33 with the continuous chips andI 've changed the parameter (32?? Can't remember off the top of my head) "Inkset" to '0' for the es3 dual channel config but it still comes up with the can't print error and all the carts are unrecognisable. Wrong ink it says.

if you can help, happy to buy you a beer or 6
I'd love to try a real Australian beer!

When you boot up in local mode, hit enter a few times and it will scroll through some information on the screen. One of those screens will have information about the ink levels and it should show the ink type it's expecting in the top left corner. What does that screen say for you?

Forty One

Yeah, it still reads SS21.
Attached are the images.

Attachments

• PXL_20221010_225707437.png
    PXL_20221010_225707437.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20221010_225710413.png
    PXL_20221010_225710413.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • PXL_20221010_225717409.png
    PXL_20221010_225717409.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20221010_225723946.png
    PXL_20221010_225723946.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20221010_225835483.png
    PXL_20221010_225835483.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 72

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's weird. All over the CJV150 spec sheet it says you can use ES3 ink but in the tech manual it doesn't show as an option to change in the parameters. If it were me I would change the fillup flag to 0 to tell the machine it needs to fill up for the first time. Then it should ask you what type of ink you want to use. Make sure the cartridges aren't installed so it doesn't try to fill but answer all the questions it asks. Once it says to insert the cartridges, change the fill parameter to 1 again to tell it it's filled already. If ES3 is going to be an option I would think it would show up there. The fill parameter should be in the "Ink Parameter 1" menu and should be the first parameter called fillup.

Forty One

I've gone through all this and it did let me do a 'fill up' also discharge, but it only came up with an option to select SS21 and nothing else
And it only came up with two ink configurations inclusive of white.
Is it the firmware? Have I missed a.parameter that opens up the option for a gamut of inks?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've gone through all this and it did let me do a 'fill up' also discharge, but it only came up with an option to select SS21 and nothing else
And it only came up with two ink configurations inclusive of white.
Is it the firmware? Have I missed a.parameter that opens up the option for a gamut of inks?
It might be a firmware thing. Different regions of the world get different firmware sometimes based on which inks are legal etc. Sometimes these machines save the ink type so when you try to fudge the fill up parameter it only gives you the original ink you chose as an option. At this point if it was me I would request the original parameter file from Mimaki and upload that to the printer. It will revert it back to the factory status. When you boot the machine it will start like it just came out of the factory. If ES3 is an option, it will show there.

Forty One

I've just spoken with the mimaki rep here in Australia.
Not sure if he's willing to part with the original file or trying to sell me a new board, but he says once the Inkset has been chosen, that's it. I'm in for life.

Would you or anyone else have the original file available?
If I update the firmware, would I be able to reset the Inkset?
I've reset the clock back to 2016 and I can create a virtual machine with a corresponding clock if I need to trick the mainboard.

Is there any specific file name I should search for?