• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Changing dampers on CJV 150

PW66

Just about to change the dampers, anyone point me to a good video to guide me?

Looks easy enough, but what is confusing me is that the dampers currently in the machine have two of the four holes on the top of the damper filled with a black plug (the other two have the ink tubes going in). The replacement dampers don't have these plugs - will it be ok to take the plug from the original damper?
Do I put the plugs in before or after I refill the ink?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is what the service manual says for a JV150 (same head and dampers).... It does not mention those plugs so I'd assume if the new dampers do not have them then I'd transfer the old ones to the same spots. Hope you are using genuine OEM dampers.... on our prior machine always had problems with cheap aftermarket ones and have read plenty of stores of problems with aftermarket cheap ones on these newer ones as well.

damper1.jpg damper2.jpg

PW66

Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated.
Any idea where I can get a link to download the service manual? The disk that came with the machine only came with the Operators Manual.