• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing Ink Configuration:: VS540i

splizaat

Hey all -- we bought a new printer and need to swap a setting over that we are having trouble with.

Printer #1: Showing ink type as "E-SOL MAX2 LkW"
Printer #2: Showing "E-SOL MAX2 7C"
Both printers: Exact same cartridge configuration: 7Color + Cleaning Cartridge.

For the sake of simply loading and running the exact same profiles for both machines in versaworks, the ink type needs to read the exact same. BUT, when going into service menu > Change InkType on the new "MAX2 7C" one, there is no option for LKw. In fact that's only a few options in there, none of which are Eco-Sol Max2 except the 7C option.
Does anyone know how to enable the setting for "E-SOL MAX2 LkW"? The ink cartridges themselves are not changing, just simply need to change this one setting and all of our profiles will work since both are running 7colors + cleaning cartridge.

splizaat

Yes! I was able to use a VS-640 ink type changing instruction just now, followed by Ink Fill and it is now working properly and profiles auto-populated with our other printer's profiles as soon as we added it back to VW.