• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing JV33 motherboard head cleaning problem

iClaude

Hello everyone,

I recently replaced the motherboard of my Mimaki JV33-130, and while the machine starts up fine, I'm facing two persistent issues:

Error with Yellow Cartridge: The LED on the Yellow cartridge is blinking red and fixed green. I've already tried replacing the chip reader and the cartridge itself with a new one, but the issue persists.

Dashboard Problem: Since changing the motherboard, I can no longer perform cleaning maintenance. The options for gentle, normal, and hard cleaning are no longer available on the dashboard.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice on resolving these issues. Thank you in advance for your help!

Ma_____

Parameters mast hav person (servis) who was install printer. If they not mast ask mimaki ( only authorized servis)

netsol

it means you need to acquire the service manual & follow and perform all the steps required to change system board. ( i know my way around rolands, can bumble through a mutoh, but, have VERY limited mimaki experience. )

did you change the system board because the machine was completely dead? i imagine if not, you can still retrieve settings from the old board

do a google search for your exact service manual. SOMEONE will most likely sell you a copy for around $15.
it will be the best $15. youwill ever spend. i have been servicing wide format printers for over 35 years (ie: techjet) yet i buy the service manual for every piece of equipment i own.

i am unfamiliar with the process to finish your system board replacement, but, it will be in the service manual, once you know what you need, hopefully, someone on the forum can help you.

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Hi iClaude, I can send you the Maintenance Manual if you provide me with your email. The file is too large to upload here. Somehow I found the manuals in the past on this site or google with out purchasing, perhaps that can be the case for you too. I am not sure if the Maintenance Manual is the same thing as a Service Manual.
I know my technician has a program to download the parameters to save them incase they are needed for any reason. I dont know for certain but it sounds like it might be the case.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure the ink end sensor is also not broken in the yellow slot. It's a little, black, plastic lever that can break very easily. If it breaks, it will flag every cartridge you install as near end which would also cause the machine not to allow you to do cleanings.

And yes, if you replaced the main board, you need to either transfer the parameter file from the old board to the new, or get the factory parameters from Mimaki and start from scratch. Otherwise unexpected things can happen.