• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Channel for Coroplast to Slide Into

danboy777

Hi, I have made some podiums for my game show business from scratch out of aluminum square tubing. I've spent about an hour fitting each of the 4 podiums with coroplast. Tucking it in here, bending it there and taping it... it's a drag. Because some of my corporate clients will want logo or lettering (corpolast is backlit too) it sure would be great to be able to slide the pieces of coroplast into a couple channels on the face and be done with it. Less hassle trying to get just the right fit. I could cut it with my Coro-Claw and be done in a few minutes NOT an hour. PLEASE give me some feedback on where I can get some sort of channel, guide etc..?? that will hold it in. Something I can just slide the coro right into.

remember it's gotta look good and affix somehow to my aluminum 1" tubing.
Podium2.png
Podium1.jpeg

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Podium1 copy.jpeg
    Podium1 copy.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Podium2 copy.png
    Podium2 copy.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 262

thezigman

Sign maker near Chicago
Most home improvement places sell extruded aluminum plywood cap, it comes in 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4".
its basically just a small [ channel.

danboy777

Nice, perfect ! One question how would you afix this cap to the frame face? Metal Glue of some kind? I'm thinking I might even be able to use a thin bead of caulk.

AND, a search on Home Depot showed nothing. Have you bought it locally or had to get it shipped? If local what store?? thanks again

henryz

Aluminum C- channel or cap. Homedepot sells a glue called jb weld it works great for what you need. or you can glue an angle on the inside of your frame and put some set scres on the backside to hold your coro, but why not use acrylic it will light much better even a sheet of polycarb so it doesn't break.