• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

channel letters material and tools

bingo

Hi, I ordered what I thought was aluminium roll for channel letters, my Spanish supplier sent this, does anyone have experience with this? I think the PVC goes below the foam which would be at the bottom. Also can anyone recommend a tool to bend the aluminium to the form of the letters? links appreciated.
IMG_20181024_101005.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_101005.jpg
    IMG_20181024_101005.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 214

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It scares the crap out of me that people are trying to learn how to build and install channel letters from a forum.

visual800

Im totally lost on this post, is that trimcap?...what you need to do sir is sub out all you can and maybe down the road you can do this

visual800

ok. You would need a 4' finger brake to form the aluminum letters, a router would be excellent for cutting the backs and faces of letters UNLESS you wanna use a jigsaw. you are going to need a notcher also, aluminum rivets, weld on cenent to put that trimcap on faces

bingo

Do you have a recommendation fort a "4' finger brake" I did a quick search and most seem too big for my needs.I it was my intention initially to continue to have the faces and backs cut by a third party, but a router has been on the shopping list for a long time. Thanks for the tips!

Robbie Moore

Do you have a recommendation fort a "4' finger brake" I did a quick search and most seem too big for my needs.I it was my intention initially to continue to have the faces and backs cut by a third party, but a router has been on the shopping list for a long time. Thanks for the tips!

Until you have all the components I wouldn’t start manufacturing in house. You need a CNC router, accubend machine or another brand to produce the returns, hundreds of magnets, set of knickers and some knowledge on LEDs and wiring.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
You are probably doing 3 or more sets of channel letters/day to be able to make them cheaper than they are available from a wholesaler. By now you should know everything there is to know about making these. I don't understand the post.