• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Channel letters mounted on louvers

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, it's night here so I might as well try this now. I doubled up a letter and put it next to an original and walked all the way down the ally.. (according to Google maps it was 700 ft.) The one I doubled up was slightly brighter, and I mean SLIGHTLY. I went back and tripled it and it too was just slightly brighter than before, but only really seeing them next to each other. Weird.. because I would of thought that TRIPLING the LEDs would make a big difference, but I really doubt I could of told the two apart not seeing them next to each other. I thought maybe the Moze brand batteries were a problem so I hooked a power supply up to 120v and it was the same exact thing. I would of taken a picture but I left my phone upstairs.

Good news is I could still read the letters at 700 ft. I went on Google maps and the realistic viewing distance from the highway is about 1100 ft. The letters are not to aid drivers into locating the facility.. the sign is really just novelty. I guess it's the only grain elevator in the town so that unto itself will direct people.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like it is coming along nicely. I am not an engineer (or biologist) but I would build up those tracks a little, give you more contact points on the backs of the letters (reinforcement inside the cans too), and the truss you are going to attach it on, so as to not have to go back again if something comes loose that high up in the Texas wind.