• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Check Waste Ink"

Can someone please tell me why I keep getting this message?

I have cleaned everything I can think of. Is there a part that needs changing?

Just picking ya'lls brains.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Stu

GK

yeah there should be a waste bottle attached to your printer, if it gets too full the printer wont print or if you keep bypassing it...you're going to have a huge mess on the floor.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You need to confirm to the printer that you dumped the waste ink bottle.

If memory serves, it goes something like this...

Power on.

Lift the waste ink bottle off the switch on the bottom of its holder, dump it if it's full. I'm not sure that this step really is necessary, but I do it anyway

Press 'Enter', I think.

A message asking you to confirm you've dumped the waste will be displayed.

Select 'Yes' and press enter.

I'm not certain that you have to press 'Enter' to start the sequence but I am certain you have to confirm. Once you satisfy the printer that you've tended to its needs, it'll keep quiet until it calculates the waste bottle is full once again.

Urban Image

Sometimes the printer doesn't recognize that you've removed the waste. In that situation I tell users to delicately jiggle the waste holder thing.

GK

Sometimes the printer doesn't recognize that you've removed the waste. In that situation I tell users to delicately jiggle the waste holder thing.

yeah i know whatcha mean, sometimes the bottle doesn't make perfect contact with the sensor behind it and it doesn't realize the bottle is back in either =/ then ya gotta take it out and jiggle it lol then re-confirm that you emptied it out.

Color Dude

Also sometimes I have seen the sensor actually fail. If this does ever happen and when you pick the bottle up and the machine does not beep, and you are for sure the sensor has failed out, you can simply splice the two wires together and it will bypass the sensor so you can get passed the CHANGE WASTE INK error message. These machines are bad about dumping ink into the waste bottle overnight and when that happens the sensor will get ink all over it and kill the sensor. Splicing the wires is a temp fix until you can buy another sensor which will come with new wires.