• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheerleader sign question...

Cheerleaders, bless their hearts, come up with some of the wildest ideas for signs I've ever seen...

This is the latest...

How would you go about making an 18x24 that says something on its face...and then is able to fold and say something different on the same face..

As I envision it there would be the main print on the 18x24 coro that is half and half of the 2 messages

Then have another print on some kind of 18x12 styrene or something flexible that has the other 2 halves printed double sided on it and affixed (to be determined) to the middle of the coro board allowing the cheerleader to flip the 18x12 and show the second message...

Does any of this make sense?

I guess my question is...what would be the best flipping material to use lol.

GB2

Old Member
I think you already came up with the best solution yourself. The weak link to your idea would be the hinge, which would probably be tape. You could try taking 2 18x24 coro panels, slitting one half way and adhereing it to the other one with banner tape or glue. That would give you a strong sign with a fairly durable hinge.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I'm probably not understanding, but this was my thought.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 8.06.51 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-01 at 8.06.51 AM.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 80

qmr55

Couldn't you do it like this?

Cut where the slit is missing (notice image)

print the first image on the middle of the top side (notice 'image 1')

print the second image on two parts of the other side (notice 'image 2 part 1 & 2')

It seems pretty simple that this would be the best solution doesn't it?

Single piece of coro with two slits in it

Attachments

• CORO.jpg
    CORO.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 84
  • CORO2.jpg
    CORO2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 72

ThinkRight

Cheerleaders, bless their hearts, come up with some of the wildest ideas for signs I've ever seen...

This is the latest...

How would you go about making an 18x24 that says something on its face...and then is able to fold and say something different on the same face..

As I envision it there would be the main print on the 18x24 coro that is half and half of the 2 messages

Then have another print on some kind of 18x12 styrene or something flexible that has the other 2 halves printed double sided on it and affixed (to be determined) to the middle of the coro board allowing the cheerleader to flip the 18x12 and show the second message...

Does any of this make sense?

I guess my question is...what would be the best flipping material to use lol.

SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r6J5nAj_gs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuumwEPtnI0

Didn't click the link, but assuming you're referring to Heroes...That show started out pretty good, but how ever much they threatened no one could ever pull the trigger on a gun and nobody got hurt. Her father was supposed to be some kind of badass but never shot anyone. They kept adding new characters but never killed any off. Gave up watching when the carnies appeared.

Claire was the best part, but she got kinda lame.

signguy 55

Hire Al Jaffee of Mad Magazine to do you a fold out like he did for years on the inside back cover.

Man that was a great magazine. I loved the artwork, how detailed and lifelike it was. They had some great talent.