• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chipless cartridges & firmware

signs1970

Hi all
I need to know how to downgrade firmware to 1.4 (from5.2) back to 3.1 to run a chipless cartridges in a JV3 160s
Also will i need to change any ink settings on printer to run triangle instead of OEM
Any help greatly appreciated

Personally I would look into getting a set of the "endless-chips" and use these with your current FW. By using old FW you'll be losing many improvements/bug-fixes/features of the new, plus if you mess up the FW downgrade you'll have a dead printer on your hands - Not trying to be a merchant of doom-and-gloom but I've seen this happen many times!

signs1970

Thanks for the advise but problem i have some end less chips but the printer won't see the ss2 chips (triangle) - change setting to ss2 from ss but still doesnt work.
Not sure wether it's the firmware 5.1 and trying to firmware out of mimaki is like getting blood out of a stone.
Its my printer why should they stop me having the most up to date firmware or any firmware at all

signs1970

Thanks for the advise but problem i have some end less chips but the printer won't see the ss2 chips (triangle) - change setting to ss2 from ss but still doesnt work.
Not sure wether it's the firmware 5.1 and trying to firmware out of mimaki is like getting blood out of a stone.
Its my printer why should they stop me having the most up to date firmware or any firmware at all

Put the printer in <LOCAL> and then hit the ENTER key several times to scroll through the different error messages - There are many reasons the printer may not like the Ink Cartridges so know the exact error message will help narrow it down. 5.1 FW should recognize SS2 Inks just fine.

Post your error message and I'll see if I can't figure it out.