• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chipset and CPU for CET/Fluid Color/Handtop Printers?

HercuLEAN

If your rip time are that long you'll see a pretty good improvement upgrading computer.

I'm ripping whole file before sending full file to Canon Colorado. not rip/print at the same time

Most of my files take under a minute but the full roll file can take 10-15 min
I hope so, we will see. I suspect that we are also processing files at different screening/resolutions than what you run your Colorado at. I will report back the speed changes of the NEW RIP and ripping it locally (to a SSD on the same PC vs. across the network).

victor bogdanov

I hope so, we will see. I suspect that we are also processing files at different screening/resolutions than what you run your Colorado at. I will report back the speed changes of the NEW RIP and ripping it locally (to a SSD on the same PC vs. across the network).
CPU processing power has come a long way since 2016 or whenever you old computer is from.

I have 10 gigabit LAN so it provides more bandwidth than even an SSD can fill, no delays ripping on network this way. I do wish the printer was 10gig also instead of gigabit as sending a full roll to the printer takes 10-15 minutes

10 gig lan was a good upgrade, no more network delays

victor bogdanov

Without you being more specific, that's not true at all.
ok sata SSD

nvme might be bottlenecked by 10gig in real world performance but not much in terms of files sizes we deal with in printing

I'm running HDD though as I have too much data to be able afford to make it all SSD, especially fast SSD

HercuLEAN

CPU processing power has come a long way since 2016 or whenever you old computer is from.

I have 10 gigabit LAN so it provides more bandwidth than even an SSD can fill, no delays ripping on network this way. I do wish the printer was 10gig also instead of gigabit as sending a full roll to the printer takes 10-15 minutes

10 gig lan was a good upgrade, no more network delays
What network infrastructure are you using to get 10gigabit LAN? We use Unifi at our shop but most of the network transfer is still very slow even though they advertise 10gigabit LAN capabilites, mainly because our computer network cards don't support that speed...

victor bogdanov

10gigabit LAN capabilites, mainly because our computer network cards don't support that speed...

Your computers will need to support 10 gig too if you want 10 gig, will only go as fast as the slowest piece in the chain

I have netgear 24 port 10gig switch, bough a while back was pricey but I think prices are coming down on 10gig hardware.

Newer computers I use have 10 gig onboard, older ones are on gigabit but don't need 10 anyways.

I had to upgrade my NAS with a 10gig card. Since upgrading to 10 gig there is no difference between working on files locally or on the NAS