• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Chrome Gerber Edge Foils

Will308decals

Hi, a couple years ago I bought a blue medal (blue chrome) foil for my Gerber edge 2 and just the other day I ran out. I looked on several websites and it seems as if nobody carries it anymore. The only medal/chrome colors they carry are gold, red, and silver.

I see decals all over the place that are all chrome, yellow, green, orange, purple, etc. and was just wondering, how do people make these all chrome decals without chrome foils? I am speaking mostly as to football helmet decals, so a chrome vinyl really isn't an option.

I have heard that printing silver chrome as a base layer, and then print a transparent color over top give your foil a chrome effect. Is that how all these chrome decals are made?

I would love to hear any input,
Will

netsol

they can also be made with a roland bn-20 with metallic ink (the other option besides white ) & i imagine a vs-300 or vs-300i
the choice of neither option (cmmyk) white or metallic is made when you do initial ink fill & they say it can not be changed...

there are quite a few specialty foils from gerber or zero nine, however and with a spectrotone book (or without one) you can do thousands of colors

Adam.Foster

Use Gerber Spectratone option in Omega. Print Silver Medal II as the base then select a Transparent color for the overprint.

Attachments

• Spectratone Silver Medal II with Transparent Plum Purple.png
    Spectratone Silver Medal II with Transparent Plum Purple.png
    29 KB · Views: 103