• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cintiq Pen Displays

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm considering investing in a 27" Cintiq Pen Display setup and would like to know how important or valuable the Touch feature is? Where I'm coming from is no exposure to touch technology beyond my smartphone and strictly a mouse and keyboard guy up to this point. I will also be adding a medium hunky Win 10 Pro box onto which I will be loading my Adobe CS 5.5. I plan to use it primarily for image isolation, brush painting and Bezier pen vectorizing in both Photoshop and Illustrator.

Is the Touch feature worth an extra $500?

Is the adjustable stand worth the extra $400?

WildWestDesigns

I'm considering investing in a 27" Cintiq Pen Display setup and would like to know how important or valuable the Touch feature is? Where I'm coming from is no exposure to touch technology beyond my smartphone and strictly a mouse and keyboard guy up to this point. I will also be adding a medium hunky Win 10 Pro box onto which I will be loading my Adobe CS 5.5. I plan to use it primarily for image isolation, brush painting and Bezier pen vectorizing in both Photoshop and Illustrator.

Is the Touch feature worth an extra $500?

Is the adjustable stand worth the extra $400?

Yes on both counts.

Even though I use a VM of Win 7 and touch isn't as good as it is for Win 8.1 and Win 10, it comes in very handy. More in my design creation work then in digitizing work. Mainly because Ai supports it better (CS6) then Wilcom.

I use it alot with the Cintiq Companion (1st gen) as well.

The built in stand only has one position and the way my office is setup, it would have been no bueno. So the adjustable stand is very much worth it to me, it does depend on how your setup is though.

Attachments

• Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 253

Logoadv

You might want to hold off until the end of the year if you can. I know there are 2 new standalone 'tablets' (full windows 10 pc with quadro graphics!) coming that include better screens and more accurate pen. I don't know if they will update the Cintiq line at the same time or shortly after, but I'd hate to drop that kind of money on an older model display if a new one will replace it soon.

WildWestDesigns

You might want to hold off until the end of the year if you can. I know there are 2 new standalone 'tablets' (full windows 10 pc with quadro graphics!) coming that include better screens and more accurate pen. I don't know if they will update the Cintiq line at the same time or shortly after, but I'd hate to drop that kind of money on an older model display if a new one will replace it soon.

I believe you are talking about the Pro tablet line coming out. Quite a lot more pressure sensitivity compared to the old ones.

oksigns

I highly considered the Lonovo Yoga Book or Panasonic's offering, but at the end of the day, the portability comes at a cost, and really, for my needs, a Cintiq display is perfect as portability is not a requirement for a workstation environment; however, it is interesting to note the Yoga Book uses Wacom's stylus technology for it's touch pad, so I may still look to that for my portability needs.

A quadro is nice, but an i7 2.1 or equivalent isn't enough for multitasking.