• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CIS ink system

OldPaint

anyone else tried this ?
i have an HP K850, and each cart of ink is $38.00. and it has 4!!!!!!
i got the CIS kit today, only modifaction i had to make was to cut a small 1/4 X 3/4" piece outa the cover for the print carts so the ink tube wouldnt be pinched when the cover is closed. replacment carts, and 4 oz ink res was $49.00+shipping. once i got the cover cut, dropped in the new carts, it registered in the HP tool box as 99% full on all colors. getting more ink when i need it, i can buy 4- 4OZ bottles, 1 of each color.......for $21.00!!!!!!!!!!
so far i luv it. did a 11 X 17 photo at the best resolution on photo glossy paper................AWESOME!!!

RebeckaR

Yep. We use a CIS system with our canon photo printer. The prints are actually a little more vibrant with the bulk ink.
Purchased the system almost 2 years ago, have printed A LOT of stuff and still haven't had to refill yet. Our setup was $130.00 which is the cost of two sets of cartridges.

I just ordered an Epson desktop 13 x 19 printer.... I can't wait till it gets here! I'll be buying the ink system for it too.
I love new toys!!!

digitalwoodshop

I have a few CIS systems for my Epson R1800 for Sublimation... They came from the Ink Supplier but for others I found them on eBay.

Getting empty carts that you can fill with cleaning solution is a great way to store a extra machine and use for cleaning a stubborn clog.

AL

RebeckaR

I ordered our system from rihac.com.
We tried a cheaper product that we picked up on ebay and ended up throwing it away because of constantly having to unclog the cartridges.
The rihac system has never clogged, never dried up or created any kind of mess.