• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

City Guidelines

BabyBandit82

Hello,

I am trying to find out my city guidelines and permitting requirements for commercial windows. The city website is a nightmare to navigate. Doe any one know what I should search or who I should contact to get these answers?

Thanks, Alex

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hello,

I am trying to find out my city guidelines and permitting requirements for commercial windows. The city website is a nightmare to navigate. Doe any one know what I should search or who I should contact to get these answers?

Thanks, Alex
The city building department.

2B

search for MUNI CCODE or City municipal codes

your city might be listed here, depending on its size

gnubler

I live in a small town also and it's hard to get straight answers. Start with city hall or the building/planning department.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Best to contact someone with the city, building inspector is a good place to start. Navigating through regulations isn't always straightforward, and following regulations that may or may not have changed since they were last published is a nightmare, even with simple stuff that you wouldn't think would be a problem anywhere, like a window graphic. We have some insane regulations, there's a section of downtown where ALL window graphics must be installed on the inside of the glass for some unknown reason. One building might be that way, the one next door not, the line separating which can and can't doesn't even make sense. The only thing consistent is, as soon as something goes on the window of the wrong building, someone gets a citation. The business leasing the spaces that hire you have no clue. The rest of downtown and the city you can pretty much graphic up windows as you see fit with no issues. Nothing makes sense when it comes to regulations...