• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CJV 150-75 change ink type from ES3 to SS21

NYSJ

Hi, I just changed my print head and flushed my lines. I had ES3 inks but installed SS21 inks after my flush. My printer won’t read the new inks now. Does anyone have any idea how I change to SS21 inks in the menu ? I can’t find it in my menu and don’t won’t my new head just sitting there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Impact1

Wide Format Technical Solutions
After you ran a head wash from the #Adjust service mode menu it should have prompted you to select a ink type.

NYSJ

My machine sat for a year and I replaced the head and dampers. I was told to flush my machine with the cleaning cartridges and my machine off by the tech who was helping me.

Impact1

Did you manually flush it? Or did you run “Head Wash” from the the #Adjust service mode menu?

Turn printer on while holding the left and right arrrow keys. The should bring up the system parameter menu. Click the “end” key once. The scroll down until you see Ink1 parameter. In that submenu find “Fillup” and Change those values to 0000. Then click the end key until the printer initializes. It will then ask you for the correct ink type and ink set.

Then restart the printer holding left and right arrow keys. Go back and change the ink1 parameter to 00ff. After click the end key back out to the main menu.

NYSJ

You’re a lifesaver
Thanks
My test prints on my new printer head work but cyan not that great.

Impact1

Nicee!

Run a 20 min nozzle wash and possibly a ink fill under the maintenance menu. Also, you may want to verify you have ink in the Cyan damper.

NYSJ

Thanks for all your help
But nothing is fixing my cyan issue. New dampers, new ink lines, new pump, new cap. The dampers have ink, nothing still

Impact1

Probably gonna need a new print head. Or try adjusting the capping station. Has the nozzle test print pattern remained the same or have there been changes.

NYSJ

It’s a new print head and the capping station makes a good seal .
Cyan barely makes any lines and sometimes none at all. If I take one of the cyan dampers and plug it into another spot on the head it prints the cyan.
Before I switch the cyan to another spot on the head

Impact1

Have you tried adjusting the cap base? You may need to raise it up a bit to give you a better seal. See attachment. Also, when you replaced cap verify the third staggered port on the bottom is capped. New caps don’t come with the blue or black air port stoppers. See attachment.

Attachments

• 208C9139-42EE-4C37-9742-1E91B540B8B9.jpeg
    208C9139-42EE-4C37-9742-1E91B540B8B9.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 68
  • E9F0C865-E9ED-4E03-91C4-8E5E4988305D.jpeg
    E9F0C865-E9ED-4E03-91C4-8E5E4988305D.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 69

NYSJ

Air port stopper is on and I was told the seal was good. I had no gurgling when I pulled air from it using the tube under it and this photo of the head
ACADAA84-2D95-450E-BD07-015258F0C190.jpeg

Impact1

If this was a Mimaki OEM head you should have a 90 day warranty on it. I would just replace it. Verify the head cable are seated correctly too.