• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV 150-75 New head not printing cyan

NYSJ

I can’t get my new head to print cyan . I replaced the head,pump,dampers(twice for the cyan line),cyan ink lines,cables to the head, caping station. I’ve replaced all these parts one after the other and no cyan. I’ve gone through an entire set of ink doing cleanings and nothing.
I was told the head and cap make a good seal from a tech from a picture I’ll post.
F207EB08-E403-4807-9776-F03CC4471BA4.jpeg

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Need to align you capping position in the service menu. This happens all the time when the cap and or heads are replaced. They are never going to be in the exact position from when they first installed.

NYSJ

Thanks
So that could be the reason why my cyan won’t print ? I wish the technician mentioned that. Could you give me an idea on how to begin doing that please?

Neil

I’ve gone through an entire set of ink doing cleanings and nothing.
I was told the head and cap make a good seal from a tech
Have you gone through much cyan ink during your cleanings?
If so, it tell you that it's being pulled through the head, but that those 2 channels are not firing.
Therefore probably electrical.

If you haven't used up any cyan, then the ink isn't going though the nozzles. Therefore probably plumbing related or nozzles blocked.
Plumbing could be above or below the head.
But the fact that you got cyan through the black channel 100% makes me think it's not ink or plumbing related.
Also that the black didn't come through the cyan channels at all makes me think it's electrical.

I don't know. Just thinking it over with you. You could try re-seating the head cable again. Carefully and with all precautions like dissipating the capacitors etc.

NYSJ

All new cyan lines have been put in to rule out blockage with another second new set of dampers. I’ve gone through an entire cartridge of each color because of so many cleanings . I’ve re-seated the head cables twice. I even put th old ones back in and it’s the same thing. Could the head memory board that I reused cause it ?
Thanks for your help

Pavia

Mimaki had some major issues with air in the ink cartridge last year. Try to change the cyan ink and do a fill-up on the cyan.

NYSJ

Thanks for the advice. I truly appreciate everyone helping out. I’m hoping the company that’s helping me calls me back for some more support.

NYSJ

Yep, ink lines worked great when I switched the damper to another part of the head and doesn’t work when placed it back in its original spot. It did the same thing before I switched out the old lines for new ones but I replaced them anyway

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The fact that it prints fine in the black spot but black can't print in the cyan spot is pointing towards head damage unfortunately. It means those channels are damaged in some way.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It’s brand new
Unfortunately the fact that you were able to pull ink in to the other channels means the maintenance station is working and the fact that cyan will print properly in a different channel rules out ink flow above the head as well. That leaves electrical issues and in my experience those tend to either make the whole head not fire at all or it makes the head fire erratically. It is extremely rare for an electrical issue to cause one color not to fire. What was the original issue with the old head?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Old head was clogged from not being used. New head was purchased from you.
I would try seeing if you can flush the cyan channels gently to see if it's possible they clogged during the fill up but otherwise give us a call and we can help troubleshoot further. We are here 9 to 5. Thanks!

NYSJ

Did that already and fluid goes through fine. I called you twice and left two messages . I’m still waiting for you to call me.

NYSJ

Has anyone ever been ghosted by a company before . This situation is just totally insane. If anyone has had any issues like this please dm me. I’m just trying to figure out what to do next.