• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV-150 Cutter scanning nowhere near Crop Marks ??

Shawnclift

Hi guys and girls

I have a small random problem after re-installing Rasterlink . After print the cutter goes to read the first marker and trys to scan, but no where near the first mark . Am i missing a setting here ? It was working fine before reinstalling and none of the settings on the machine have been changed, just Rasterlink.

I've posted a video aswell of the issue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/largeformatprinting/permalink/1550232231985774/

Thanks in advanced
1f642.png

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Is this job setup to print then cut on it's own or did you print, and then manually tell it to cut? Judging by the video, it seems like the cut job was sent manually and the pointer just started looking for the crop at the origin. In that case you need to set the origin at the first crop mark.

If it is setup to cut right after print, it should have moved out to the first crop mark on it's own for sure.

Shawnclift

This is set up as Print < - > Cut. I only recorded the cut bit & didn't want to bore you with the print part :p .

Shawnclift

I can manually find the first crop mark and send the cut. All works as should, find all of the crop marks and cuts perfect.

Headstrike

Mimaki Wide Format Printer Services
I know there was a firmware issue that was causing that.
If you set your print to the right side it would read it.
I would update it to 4.0 or higher.

Shawnclift

Your user name gives me PTSD lol !

So I think you're correct but my issue was at Windows 10 update . I've Uninstalled and re-installed everything. Touch wood, all working as intended . If does happen again I think I will try to update the printer firmware, because i'm sure i'm running Ver 3.0

Thank you for your help guys :) .

Headstrike

No problem. Keep in mind that I know that they fixed few issues with crop marks on fw 4.0 and 4.1.

Headstrike

Firmware update app doesn't really work.
You will need a technician onsite to update your printer. The latest version for JV150 is 4.1 as of today.

Shawnclift

I think this is the issue. If I move it to the right it finds it as that's where it's looking for it . Such a random bug to happen after a year of no issues.

Thanks for this :)