• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV 30 dont print black

SLShop

Hey,

i flushed my Black line from the Head with a syringe and 50/50 MEK/Mimaki Cleaning Fluid after that if done an ink fill but he wont print black only a few nozzles
Damper is full and there isnt any black in the cap top after cleaning and ink fill did i killed my head ?

Attachments

• 8ce6f4d3-e660-4a3a-b6d9-984d738e1858.jpg
    8ce6f4d3-e660-4a3a-b6d9-984d738e1858.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 214

Neil

MEK. Wow. I don't like your chances.
What was that channel like before you flushed it?

SLShop

Before flush check picture

i filled the Head manual with black color after that he printed looks like he dont get suction

Attachments

• IMG-20220530-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220530-WA0000.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 103

Neil

Do you get ink pooling in the cap and visible on the wiper during/after a normal clean?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You might have popped the membrane between the channels. When you pushed solution into on channel, did it ever come out of another channel?

SLShop

i pressed very carefully the beam only came on the black line if so is there a possibility to push the membrane back in?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
i pressed very carefully the beam only came on the black line if so is there a possibility to push the membrane back in?
The two black lines should also be separate so if it came out of even the other black line, it could be broken. Unfortunately you can't repair a broken one.

On another note, make sure your maintenance station is actually pulling ink. If it's not, the black channels might not have filled with ink after you flushed.

SLShop

every other color is printing just the black color not it seems he doesnt pull ink from the head if i manual suck under the cap with a syringe he print a few nozzles cap top seals the pump is new so i assume i destroyed the head next problem is the nearest technician is 200 miles away so i'll probably have to do it myself i just have to be on it Make sure it's a DX5 head with a green connector? I found some videos from the jv33 to change the head, which should be identical in construction? I'm just wondering how is the head aligned correctly, the drop pos story, did I understand what else is involved? many thanks for your help

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
For the most part you just take the old head out and put the new one in. We usually recommend changing the dampers with the new head and check your cables to make sure they aren't damaged or dirty. You might have to adjust the head slant but a lot of the time it's still good. If you install the head and run the drop position alignments, 9 times out of 10 you're good to go. And yes the head has the green connector.

Neil

i filled the Head manual with black color after that he printed looks like he dont get suction
So if you put black ink into the head it prints a good test print?
It might still be okay then?
If so, it's either not sealing when cleaning (but you said it does pool ink), or it's something above the head like damper, carts, ink related.
Try swapping dampers with say cyan and see if the cyan will print through that channel.