• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help [CJV-300][Video] PR Sensor problem

cryptod

Hi,

So today i had a serious media jam in my CJV300 white it was cutting vinyl. It was so bad the vinyl got stuck in the pinch roller sensor and was able to move it from its place and unplug it. The printer started showing me "PR SENSOR" error every time i try to use the cut head.

After finding out the problem and plugging back the sensor (thanks to the maintenance manual), it was able to switch to cut mode and use the cut head. But now when i try to go back to the main head this happens (see video) and the printer then shows "CUT HEAD HOME POS." error.

Any idea ?

Neil

On my CJV30 there's a switch in the cutter head and a little 90 degree folded bit of aluminum on the carriage that fits into the cutter head to activate the switch.
Yours may be bent or not inserting or activating properly.

Albert Ma

Hi,

So today i had a serious media jam in my CJV300 white it was cutting vinyl. It was so bad the vinyl got stuck in the pinch roller sensor and was able to move it from its place and unplug it. The printer started showing me "PR SENSOR" error every time i try to use the cut head.

After finding out the problem and plugging back the sensor (thanks to the maintenance manual), it was able to switch to cut mode and use the cut head. But now when i try to go back to the main head this happens (see video) and the printer then shows "CUT HEAD HOME POS." error.

Any idea ?

Hi Mate, I have same problem with you, how did you fix it in the end? thank you

I've got an cjv150 same issue banner jammed up now same pr and 522 error code any for sure fix I'm in the middle of a job can't afford any lost work during covid-19 any help would be great thank

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 522 is a media width sensor error. I'd bet the head strike knocked it out of place. Make sure it's sitting in it's spot properly and clean the surface with alcohol. PR errors are similar. There is a sensor in the back of the index head that reads the position of the pinch rollers. If it got knocked out of wack, it won't read the proper position or at all.