• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-130 Issues with Reg Mark/Leaf Cutting

signlords

Just replaced our CJV30-130 with a brand new CJV150-130 and it is giving us more issues than our old machine ever did. We print something, with Mimaki reg marks, run it through the laminator. Then we feed the "leaf" back into the Mimaki. It is incredibly finicky on this part sometimes it reads the width then pulls the whole sheet through and stops at the end with the screen stuck on "detecting media" Then should we actually get passed this part it has another 33% chance to do a weird thing when the cut file is actually sent. The sensor reads mark 1 good, reads mark 2 good, then movies itself an inch or so to the right, pulls the sheet through and looks for mark 3 but it is still and inch or so away from where it read mark 2. This should not be this difficult on a brand new machine!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We've found bits of vinyl stuck to the "camera" on occasion. Wrap a lint free cloth around a ruler and spray with alcohol then rub the camera. Also ensure either all the pinch rollers are set to high pinch or at least the two outermost ones are set to max and the inner ones lower. Anything over 12ft you're gonna have problems getting it to register. Might try enlarging the reg marks if that's the case. Another trick I do is hold a thumbnail at the edge of the substrate as it feeds thru to check the tracking. If it skews over a 1/4" you need to undo the pinch rollers and rotate slightly until you get a good tracking. Sometimes we'll start the reg process from the back marks too.

Last edited:

signlords

We've found bits of vinyl stuck to the "camera" on occasion. Wrap a lint free cloth around a ruler and spray with alcohol then rub the camera. Also ensure either all the pinch rollers are set to high pinch or at least the two outermost ones are set to max and the inner ones lower. Anything over 12ft you're gonna have problems getting it to register. Might try enlarging the reg marks if that's the case. Another trick I do is hold a thumbnail at the edge of the substrate as it feeds thru to check the tracking. If it skews over a 1/4" you need to undo the pinch rollers and rotate slightly until you get a good tracking. Sometimes we'll start the reg process from the back marks too.
It is literally weeks old with not much run through it. I hope my camera isn't dirty already! :-/ Where is it located though just in case? Also how do you start the reg from the back marks? I literally just went to do a reg mark reading and it shot my vinyl out the back onto the floor. I literally suspected it was trying to read rear marks first, but I haven't changed anything that I know of. I have a double sided sign and right now the first side went fine. The second from the exact same file in flexi I cant get it to cut out and I haven't changed anything.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does the grit roller continue to spin when the machine stalls after pulling the media through during the "leaf" measurement? If it does, that could indicate that either you're not loading the media in the proper position or the sensor that reads the end of the leaf is not working properly. If it doesn't, I'd start by making sure the firmware is up to date. Good info from myront as well.

Also, call your dealer. If you haven't already. They should be assisting you on this.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
It is literally weeks old with not much run through it. I hope my camera isn't dirty already! :-/ Where is it located though just in case? Also how do you start the reg from the back marks? I literally just went to do a reg mark reading and it shot my vinyl out the back onto the floor. I literally suspected it was trying to read rear marks first, but I haven't changed anything that I know of. I have a double sided sign and right now the first side went fine. The second from the exact same file in flexi I cant get it to cut out and I haven't changed anything.
The camera is located alongside the cutting blade. You can watch it drop down to read the first mark.
What type of reg marks are you using?
1650648557765.png

Using sheet leaf or roll? We use roll no matter what it is.

signlords

The camera is located alongside the cutting blade. You can watch it drop down to read the first mark.
What type of reg marks are you using?
View attachment 159075
Using sheet leaf or roll? We use roll no matter what it is.

Lol I have been using the "hate these" marks. Its what we did on the old mimaki, for no particular reason. I did just try running a "leaf" but telling the machine its a roll and that alleviates the getting stuck on "detecting media" issue. I don't know if the real problem is this machine just isn't suited for long cuts. The one we are doing right now is just shy of 12ft. I am waiting on a call back from my dealer. They only have one tech I believe responsible for all their installations/training/tech support.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't know if the real problem is this machine just isn't suited for long cuts. The one we are doing right now is just shy of 12ft.
I have a customer who runs two CJV150s and prints/cuts batches of about 8 feet all day long. They usually make the crop marks much bigger and there's actually a little area in Rasterlink near the crop mark settings that will suggest a mark size. That might help you get the longer files going.

They only have one tech I believe responsible for all their installations/training/tech support.
I've been that guy before!

Gary1

Just replaced our CJV30-130 with a brand new CJV150-130 and it is giving us more issues than our old machine ever did. We print something, with Mimaki reg marks, run it through the laminator. Then we feed the "leaf" back into the Mimaki. It is incredibly finicky on this part sometimes it reads the width then pulls the whole sheet through and stops at the end with the screen stuck on "detecting media" Then should we actually get passed this part it has another 33% chance to do a weird thing when the cut file is actually sent. The sensor reads mark 1 good, reads mark 2 good, then movies itself an inch or so to the right, pulls the sheet through and looks for mark 3 but it is still and inch or so away from where it read mark 2. This should not be this difficult on a brand new machine!
For long jobs jobs try enlarging crop marks but use segmented crop marks, paneling.