• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150-160 Print/Lam/Cut Problem

alevit53

Hello All,
First time on this forum.
We have large 10ft x 54" panels that we printed and then laminated with 3mil mat. We put the pieces back in the
Mimaki to cut, aligned the marks and sent the job through. The machine read all the crop marks and started the cut.
We undercut by .02. The machine is perfect left to right throughout the entire 10ft so we can confirm it is tracking correctly.
the problem is the cut gets shorter and shorter as the length increases. At the top of the 10ft piece, the cut is short by almost
1/2 inch. We tried more pressure on the rollers thinking it was slipping but the result was the same.
Any suggestions would appreciated.
Thank you
Art

ironchef

I have the same issue, i have a cjv30, and i just stopped doing print and cut on anything over 4ft :bangshead:

Quark

Merchant Member
Same here, new cjv150-160. Gets worse on laminated and impossible on laminated reflective. We think it's printers drive mechanism that is not strong enough to pull / handle the cut. We pretty much limit cutting to 48" panels unlamented regular self adhesive. Anything else goes into summa

31legen

Grit rollers

Are you cutting through rasterlink or finecut? Try cleaning your grit rollers. Ive had an issue before with this and was able to take a small metal brush and and go over the grit rollers. Also clean your rubber rollers with alcohol.

Dionysus

Found your post while looking for solution.

Hello All,
First time on this forum.
We have large 10ft x 54" panels that we printed and then laminated with 3mil mat. We put the pieces back in the
Mimaki to cut, aligned the marks and sent the job through. The machine read all the crop marks and started the cut.
Art

Found your post.... still working on your issue. Another thing to try would be to use finecut out of illustrator. Have your boy ring me in the AM with some fixes I offered.

-K

cy6designs

I do the same thing, I can't get anything very large to cut accurately. Makes it time consuming to apply in pieces. I have got it to cut laminated reflective, but it is not very friendly most of the time. I use the finecut add on for corel draw but it doesn't help on the larger cuts. When I did a panel for a truck last week it took me forever just to find the marks on the back side. When I did the other side, I printed it in stages.

Russellpro

Same Problem with cut registration

We have the same issue, it came up during the installation and after 1 week still can not fix it.
Anything beyond 1 foot of media and the cut registration gets worse foot by foot over a 2 foot by 5 foot decal print/cut job.
Brand New out of the Box machine on Very first test print/cut and ongoing problem that is costing us money and time.

cyclerc

Same Problem with cut registration

We have the same issue, it came up during the installation and after 1 week still can not fix it.
Anything beyond 1 foot of media and the cut registration gets worse foot by foot over a 2 foot by 5 foot decal print/cut job.
Brand New out of the Box machine on Very first test print/cut and ongoing problem that is costing us money and time.
Same problem here!!! New cg3 cutting off the print on print of more than 3 feets corel 2017 with fine cut8 and intermediate mark dont work in vertical positions.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A lot of people just take the cutter out of the box and expect it to cut perfectly but it needs to be adjusted just like a printer. If the cut length is wrong, you need to run the 400mm square adjustment. You are supposed to do it with a pen because it's easier to see but you can still pull it off with just a blade in there. It cuts a 400mm square and then you can measure it. Then you adjust it based on how far off it is. If this adjustment is perfect, you should be very close on your cuts as far a length accuracy goes.

equippaint

Isnt there a feed comp adjustment? If you have more than 1 file loaded, make sure rasterlink is running the right one. It gets me all the time when I go to cut and it randomly picks another file to cut. Dont walk away until you confirm the right one starts.

I have a mimaki cjv150 107 and I cut 120" long (36" wide) pretty crowded designs, my error margin is less than 0.04 inches MAX (less than 1mm)

I don't know what you guys are setting wrong but you should definitely go through the manual as 1/2 sounds like a brand new machine out of the box without any settings at all like VanderJ says.

How does your print & cut origin adjust look??